- Losing fats requires a state of catabolism.
- Building muscles require you to be in an anabolic state.
- A lot of people argue that you can’t do both at the same time.
- But researchers show something different.
Join our new facebook group to get more tips for free https://www.facebook.com/groups/598826654034011/
Losing fats and building muscles known as body recomposition. To understand this you need to get better understanding about what are catabolism and anabloic sates.
What is catabolism?
If you want to lose fats you need to be in a calorie defeatist AKA in a catabolism state. Its simply means that you need to less calories than you spend in a day. By doing this your body will be in a catabolic state that body will break down fats for the energy. The problem with this is sometimes when your in a catabolic state not only fats will brake down as energy but also muscle fibers will brake down for energy.
What is anabolism?
In the other hand if you want to build muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus AKA in a anabolic state.You need to eat more calories than you spend in a day. When your in a calorie surplus you will gain wight with fats and muscles.
The problem is you cant be in anabolic and catabolic state at the same time.But this Doesn’t mean its impossible to lose-weight and gain muscle at the same time.
In 1993 research shows that untrained obese women were able to lose weight and fat in 90 days while only eating 800 kcal per day and performing resistance exercises and they also gain muscle mass too.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8379514
In 2011 one study between athletes compering with 19% kcal deficit vs 30% Kcal deficit diet . The 19% group lost fat mass and gain lean body mass while 30% group lose almost same percentage of fat but lost lean body mass. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558571
And 2015 study shows that athletes could lose body fat mass and gain lean body mass while doing resistance training and consuming high protein diet.(3.5g of protein per kg of body weight).https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26500462
Common factors for body re-competition
- Resistance training – resistance training is must when its come to body re competition. you need to brake down muscle fibers to gain lean body mass and lifting can burn much more extra calories.
- Moderate calorie deficit– Instead of following very law calorie deficit you need to moderate your calorie deficit that can save you from losing lean body mass.
- Eating high protein diet– Normally you need about 1.5g of protein per body weight (kg) to gain decent amount of muscle.But in body recmpetition you need to take about 2.5g – 3.5g of protein per kg of body weight to get the best result.
When it’s come to beginners and people who have higher body fat tend to get results quickly comparing to advance athlete. Reason is beginners have more room to grow extra muscle and obese people have more fat to burn and turn it ti energy for muscle building.
The answer to can you build muscle and burn fat at the same time? is yes! but the effectiveness will depend on your current fitness & body fat levels. And if you wand to do body re-competition you need to pay attention to your caloric deficit,training and your protein intake.
If you want to know how to do successfully body re-competition.join our face book group for free today. https://www.facebook.com/groups/598826654034011/